Friday, December 28, 2007

Show and Tell Friday ~ Jewelry

I haven't been able to keep up with blogging since I started subbing full time and I missed last week's Show and Tell that Kelli hosts at her blog. So, here it is Friday again, and I have something special I want to share. I found out yesterday that my oldest cousin (my age) makes jewelry. He gave me a necklace for Christmas and an aunt I don't see often bought one from him to give me as well. I wasn't satisfied with that when I saw some of his other work, so I bought a green malachite one and another for me for my birthday from my husband!!! LOL!

(It's just over a week away, so I get it soon) :-) My cousin gave me the earrings too.


Top to bottom: multi gem stone, malachite, multi stone (earth tone colors), and my bd present: Kambaba Jasper with sterling silver beads. The picture does not show the true color of the Jasper - It's a dark grayish green with black. Gorgeous. So, I am blessed to have some special jewelry made by my cousin. I will enjoy wearing it.

11 comments:

Reviekat said...

What beautiful jewelry! How fun it will for you to wear it knowing your cousin made it. :)

Jessica said...

The perfect thing to spice up the wardrobe. Thanks for sharing.

ellen b. said...

Very neat pieces! How fun to wear and enjoy something made by your cousin...

Barbara H. said...

What wonderful pieces! And even more special because they were made by your cousin.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Tom said...

Very nice. A beautiful gift.

nancy said...

Those are lovely. I make jewlery, too, and was surprised to hear your cousin was a male. I have a gradSON who makes beautiful jewelry, and people find it odd. I don't. I love the natural stones in their earthy colors, and sometimes spice them up with Swarovski Crystals. What a nice gift.
Nancy

sharon brobst said...

oh...I love them! How wnderful!

Susan said...

Lovely jewelry. I know you will enjoy wearing each special piece.
Susan

Martha said...

I think handmade jewelry is beautiful. You have some wonderful pieces here. Happy New Year.

Blessings,
~Martie

Kelli said...

Oooh...how pretty! What a lovely gift!
Kelli

paperpest said...

Beautiful! I never heard of African turquoise before. Best wishes on your birthday. I look forward to your being able to post on Stampers Life.